Friday, June 2, 2017

I Heart Hanson Cookies 2017

Friday, May 26, 2017 I made my annual "I Heart Hanson Sugar Cookies." I was still suffering from major PHDD (Post-Hanson-Day-Depression) and needed something to cheer me up. This year's Hanson Day's color scheme was orange, yellow & black - throwing it back to the Middle of Nowhere days in celebration of it's 20th anniversary. As you can see, my blog followed suit :) So I thought it was only appropriate to keep with the retro-throwback theme with my cookies. I decided on making Chocolate sugar cookies (for the "black" element) and then swirling yellow & orange icing together. I made royal icing for one of my first times in order to get a really good swirling effect.

I am THRILLED with how my cookies turned out! I have never been able to get them to hold their shape well so I researched and discovered the secret to the perfectly shaped sugar cookie: No baking soda/powder! That's what causes your cookies to spread!! Click here for the recipe :)

I'm obsessed with how these turned out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!