Monday, October 3, 2016

Grace Unknown Episode 6: You Are Not a Victim

Wow. I needed to listen to this today! What a great reminder this is for me. I've been having an extremely difficult time in my personal life. This entire year has had me more depressed and anxious then EVER. I've allowed myself to wallow in self-pity. I've tried to justify my actions and feelings by allowing myself to be consumed in sorrow. I've found different people or situations to blame for my sadness. I've wanted others to feel sorry for me and fix things. But deep down I have always known that I am not a victim. That it's through my own actions and choices that I've ended up where I am. Life is not perfect or fair, it was never meant to be. We were never promised that life would be. I control my life. I control my actions. I control my emotions. Even though I can't always control what happens to me in my life, I can control how I will react. I have that power. I am currently going through something that is excruciatingly difficult. I am really angry about the situation. I feel myself constantly thinking how "unfair" it is. I am literally refusing to accept the change with a positive attitude. I need to work on that. I'll probably be re-listening to this podcast a few times as I'm in the midst of this challenge.
 
Here are my notes:
 
“I believe that you were born for a reason. I believe that you are strong and that you are made perfect for the troubles of today.” – Isaac Hanson
Importance of things being earned instead of things being fair.
Fairness is just perspective. Fairness depends on which side of the race you’re on.
Embrace my winnings.
Be a master of my destiny, not a victim of my circumstance.
I AM NOT A VICTIM. There are opportunities around me that I can seize. There are people who need my help and I can help them.
EMBRACE MY OPPURTUNITES.
EMBRACE THE MASTERY OF MY CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCE.
It doesn’t matter what station I am in, what matters is that I embrace it and move forward.
Life is full of races and relay races. It’s about seizing the opportunity.
REJECT the idea that I am a victim.
I AM NOT A VICTIM.
Life is not fair. It will never be fair. But that’s ok.
COURAGE AND INTERGRITY REQUIRE ACTION.
I AM THE MASTER OF MY OWN DESTINY.
Embrace the COURAGE. Embrace your DESTINY. I AM NOT A VICTIM.
I wish you strength and I wish you Grace that is yet Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!