Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Grace Unknown Episode 8: Character or Reputation

Beautiful. Powerful. TRUE. I needed this. Isaac is so spot on. He speaks with such honesty, conviction and grace. I believe Isaac is the kind of person he describes week after week: someone who is honest, loving, courageous, kind, quiet, peaceful, humble, trustworthy. Someone with great character and integrity. I love you Ike!

Notes:

Who am I aspiring to be?

Who am I? Who do I want to be?

Think of greatness, and be great! Think of courage, and be courageous! Think of love, and be loving.

Let life happen to us, or make life what we want it to be.

It’s all about perspective, not about the outcome.

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – J. Wooden

Character is more important than reputation.

More often than not, we worry about what others think we are, not who we are and what we’re doing.

What is important, is who I am. My character. What I have to offer.

Courage is infectious. Honesty and trustworthiness is crucially important. Be a person of your word. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Honesty is being candid, with manners!

Have great character! Do not lie, tell the truth! Even the little white lies, avoid them. Tell the truth! It will set you free and build your character, not your reputation. Your character precedes your reputation.

I want a reputation of having great character!

I wish you courage to have character and Grace that is yet Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!