Thursday, October 1, 2015

Music Made for Humans (with Robots trained by Monkeys) EP - HAPPY OCTOBER!

For some reason, the month of October makes me think about the Music Made for Humans (with Robots trained by Monkeys) EP.
 
That cover for sure has a Halloween feel to it, doesn't it?
 
Maybe it's because that's when I first heard small snippets of the songs and was first learning about Hanson's fan club member's only music. I loved what I was hearing and finally gave in and bought a membership (a month later; November 15, 2014). I think the reason why October makes me think of this particular EP is because of the song Panic in the Streets. I remember listening to that one and thinking how different it was compared to the Hanson music I was used too....it was almost creepy....a bit Halloween-ish. So I decided right then and there that that song was/is Hanson's Halloween song! Even though later I found out Zac has actually written a couple Halloween songs like Monster Jam and Zombie. But that was before I was a member so as far as I knew, Panic in the Streets was it for me!
 
I listened to that EP today on my morning walk. I love it! The songs are all so diverse and that makes it interesting and fun to listen too. My favorite is probably On the Road. That song has such deep meaning to it. I also really enjoy Show Me the Way. I think the reason I like it so much more now than I did in the beginning is because, as of quite recently, I've become a HUGE Michael Jackson fan and Show Me the Way has a very MJ vibe that I'm diggin'! I also love White Collar Crime because it's just so much fun! I hate to say, What's Your Name, is still a hard one for me. I liked it best today, more than I ever have before but it's still the one track I'll probably most likely skip. And then of course there's Panic in the Streets which is my Hanson Halloween song so it's perfect to listen to this time of year! I also just really like the song.
 
That's another thing I love about Hanson (what's not to love!?), how they can take any genre of music, inspired by so many different kinds of musicians and artists, create a song with a totally new and unique feel to it and still be able to completely OWN IT! I hope no one ever asks me to describe Hanson's music style, because there's just so many squashed into one big combination of brilliance! Hanson takes me on a Musical Ride! Whether it's intense and talking about judgment day or it's a fun and upbeat love song, any mood I'm in, any emotion I'm feeling, Hanson's got something for me to listen to and connect with.
 
For a more detailed review of this particular EP click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!