Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hanson Gratitude Challenge Day 21: Remember the Time

I am grateful for Hanson's cover of Michael Jackson's Remember the Time! It's probably my favorite track on the RNR EP after Thinking Out Loud. I love that Hanson loves Michael! The strangest thing happened. In August (of this year) I started really getting into Michael Jackson. I had never really listened to his stuff before but after watching and loving (that's putting it lightly, I was obsessing over) Pentatonix's Evolution of Michael Jackson, I looked into his music and within a matter of weeks I had listened to almost every MJ song ever made, read up on his life story and have become such a huge fan (even as going as far as being MJ for Halloween!) you would think I've loved him all my life! During all of that time I spent on catching up with Michael, I had kind of neglected Hanson! I didn't listen to their music, or check Hnet or even read all of their twitter updates (I went back and did big "catch up" days but it just wasn't a priority at that time). I was a little saddened by this when lo and behold! Hanson starts talking about this covers CD and they have these live streams where we can watch them work on their new cover song and BOOM!! Hanson is singing Michael!!!! The second I start questioning where my loyalties lie Hanson comes charging in with an INCREDIBLE MJ cover that in opinion, is just as good as the original!! So today, I am grateful that I am able to love both Hanson and MJ while listening to an MJ song covered by Hanson! It's all just so crazy awesome to me! Also, Hanson played the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" during the live stream concert from the RNR tour! They play a Michael song during the ONE concert they live stream and where I am watching!! I love it!
 
 
In case you need a comparison or just for your viewing pleasure :) An interesting video for sure but man was he talented! I love that dance number!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!