Wednesday, May 6, 2015

HAPPY HANSON DAY!!

HAPPY, HAPPY HANSON DAY!!!

Today is the "birthday" of the most incredible band in the entire world, HANSON! 18 years ago today Hanson's Middle of Nowhere came out, May 6, 1997. And in an mmmbop, they changed everything!
 
 
Being an extremely new fan to a band that has been around longer than half my lifetime, I am continually amazed and my admiration and genuine love for this band and the incredible music they have created over these past 18 years just grows exponentially. They are a true success story in my book.

I am thankful every day to have come across this fantastic band. Never knew watching TV could be so inspiring ;) If you haven't already, check out my "How I Became a Fanson" page to read about how I was first introduced to this band that has become such a huge part of my life.

Today I took my dog out on his daily walk and listened to two songs from each of the Hanson albums:
 
Middle of Nowhere
 
1. MMMBop (of course!)
2. A Minute Without You
 
Snowed In (yes, I was listening to Christmas songs in May....don't judge me!)
 
1. Everybody Knows the Claus
2. Silent Night Medley
 
This Time Around
 
1. This Time Around
 
Underneath
 
1. Underneath
 
The Walk
 
1. The Walk
2. Watch Over Me
 
Shout It Out
 
1. Waiting for This
 
Anthem
 
2. Tonight
 
Music Made for Humans (FAN CLUB 2014 EP)
 
1. On the Road
2. Panic in the Streets
 
Finally, it's Christmas
 
I chose each of these songs 1) as the featured track title of the album it was named after and 2) an additional song that I just love a whole lot. It was really tricky narrowing that selection down!
 
Listening to these songs in order, from their oldest album to their most current music was so awesome! It just really shows how far they've come and that they have yet to disappoint.

I also spent the day cleaning my disaster of a room and listening to *NEW* Hanson songs I had never heard before! 18 years of music requires a lot of catching up! My favorites include: Make Believe, Lay Me Down, Hope it Comes Soon (this one is my favorite!), I Almost Care, & Coming Back for More.
 
I love this band. More than words can adequately express. Thank you for everything Hanson! Keep rocking!
 
The song that started it all....
 
 
I was literally hooked in an mmmbop ;)
 
1997 - FOREVER!
 
 
FANSON 4 LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! I would ask you to please refrain from vulgar language, to speak appropriately and respectfully, to post only positive and uplifting messages and to please avoid swearing. Thanks!